Where your treasure is

What's mine is mine
My space, My time
This proud sense of ownership
It can kill the soul.
How did we come to this conclusion?
When did we pronounce ourselves Lords over OUR land?
Our territorial tendencies give us away, they betray what is
Most precious to us
Have it, Own it, Buy it, Possess, Guard...
Covet, Steal.
I wish
I need
Stop getting in My space.
Is this it? reality, life in all its fullness?

Where your treasure is, there too is your heart.

So
Make us to live with those words
'What's mine is yours'
drink and be satisfied, there's enough for all.
I Give breath and I Give feeling
I Give hills to climb and seas to sail
I Give you every good fruit and living thing...
Take, Eat, this is...

Receive it, Enjoy it, Share it, Love it, Live.

Our tendencies give us away, they betray what is
Most precious to us.

Comments