Moving on

Moving on
From all I have known so well.
From what I have seen grow
I have now outgrown
and this is no longer my home.
The time has clearly come
The concept has clearly changed
and our relationship has been through countless transformations.
This is not what I remember from ten years ago.
Transition beckons once again, and this time there is a permanence about it.
Like the other occasions were warm up acts for the main event.

Home.
This one is steeped with history,
Faint memories linger or fade as life lurches forward.
Sometimes painfully slowly, sometimes uncomfortably fast.

I am leaving it to rest.
I leave part of myself here and I am forever grateful for my time as part of this place.
I trust these walls to keep my secrets,
As I move on.
To start a new history, new transformations.
The next chapter of an ever changing story.

Thank you.

Comments