My prayer of offering

On the retreat I mentioned in the last post, we were also encouraged, at the end of our time, to write a prayer of offering.
Something that might express our desire to be 'completely in' in God's service. Completely known.

Here's mine...

Only you in all of me.
Only your grace, overflowing the boundaries of my soul.
Only your love, emptied, through me, unto the world.
Only your strength, sustaining each moment.

Only your eyes through which I see,
your ears through which I hear,
only your heat through which tender love and compassion are known,
are shared.

All of me, only in you.
All of me, attentive to your word,
to the rhythm of your beating heart.
All of me laid low - a willing, a pleasing sacrifice on your alter.

In the place of plenty and comfort,
the place of scarcity and trial.
Let it be unto me according to your will.

Your will done your way.
I just want you.
Only you in all of me.

Amen.


Comments